YouTube has launched a face blurring tool that will allow users to hide identities in the video they share with a click of a button.
How to Use Youtube Face Blurring Tool
- To access YouTube Video Face Blur feature go to www.youtube.com:
- Log in to your YouTube account
- Click on Videos link in the left hand side of the page
- Select the video in which you want to blur the face
- Click on Enhancement button at the top
- You will get an option of Additional Features at the bottom
- Click on it and an option to Blur all Faces will appear
- Click apply and the feature will be applied on all the faces appearing on the video
- You can have a preview of your video with faces blurred. Once you save the changes, a new copy is created with the blurred faces and an option will be given to delete the original video.
YouTube says, “Because human rights footage, in particular, opens up new risks to the people posting videos and to those filmed, it’s important to keep in mind other ways to protect yourself and the people in your videos“.