The multifunction button located on your headphones does a lot more than answer your iPhone or hang it up. You can control the audio that’s playing with a surprising amount of functions hidden in that little button. So much so that I hardly ever touch my iPhone to control my iPod any more.
- Press button once to begin playing audio.
- Use the button’s volume controls to increase or decrease playback volume.
- Press button once to pause a song and press it again to resume playing the song. (If you do this when a call is coming in, the audio pauses and the call is answered. When you press it to hang up, the audio resumes playing.)
- Press button twice to advance to the next song.
- Press button three times to jump back to the previous song.
- Press button twice and hold down on the second to fast-forward a song.
- Press button four times to jump back to the previous song and pause it.
Do you know any controls that I missed?