Knowing that we use online accounts for many things and that all of them are password protected it is no wonder that sometimes we may get confused and forgot our account login credentials. This may not be so serious issue for the most accounts but in case you do not know your iCloud login credentials then you are in big trouble. This is because your iPhone device is connected to your iCloud account and in order to use the device properly you must login to your iCloud account. And in case you are unable to, then unfortunately you will be denied access and you will not be able to use your iPhone at all.
If you are in a similar situation then the only solution to this matter would be to find an effective method to iCloud bypass the activation lock or to try to recover your lost password.
HOW TO RECOVER FORGOTTEN ICLOUD PASSWORD
There are two simple methods which can help you recover your forgotten iCloud password.
TWO STEP VERIFICATION METHODS
- Launch your web browser on your iPhone and in the search bar type ‘iforgot.apple.com‘
- You will be shown two sections ‘Enter your Apple ID’ and ‘Forgot Apple ID’. Choose the first one and enter your email and press next afterwards to proceed.
- You will be given recovery key. Check your email inbox to find it. After that enter the recovery key and press next to proceed. The recovery key will be provided by Apple Inc and will serve you to verify your device.
- Now verify your account and identity using a different and trustworthy Apple device and press next to proceed
- Set your new password
- Apple will send you a notification that will inform you that a password change has been made
In case this method does not work for you, you can try to recover or reset your password using your email address. The entire procedure is similar to the one above:
- Launch your iPhone browser and type in the search bar “iforogot.apple.com”.
- Again you will be shown the two sections as in the first method–‘Enter your Apple ID’ and ‘Forgot Apple ID’. Select the first one.
- Now enter your Apple ID and choose the option “reset by email” from the “password reset section”
- A reset email link will be sent. Check the recovery email and follow the instructions to reset your iCloud password.
HOW TO RECOVER LOST PASSWORD BY ANSWERING YOUR SECRET QUESTION
- There will be two options—to change the secret question or to reset the iCloud password
- You can try to restore the iCloud password if you answer correctly the secret question
- Launch your iPhone web browser and type ‘iforgot.apple.com’ in the address bar
- Enter your apple ID and press next
- Select the option “Answer security question”
- You will be prompted to verify your birth date before you can proceed
- Once you verify your birth date and answer all questions press Next
- Set your new password
If the instructions above did not help you recover your password or you simple want to create a new iCloud account then follow these instructions:
- On your iPhone go to Settings and choose iCloud. From here select get a free Apple ID.
- You will be prompted to enter our Birth data. Once you complete this press Next
- Select “Create a new iCloud account” and press Next
- Press on the section “ a new iCloud email” and press next
- Choose “Create”
- If you are using an existing email verify that it is your email and confirm it afterwards
- Set your new Apple ID and iCloud password. Use mixed letter—number password for better protection