IPhone owners who have updated to iOS 8 or iOS 9 versions may be dealing with the issue of getting a constant popup loop message “Sign in to iCloud Account” onto their device.
This issue is confirmed to occur in two given situations. The first one is when the iPhone is directly updated to iOS 8 or iOS 9 version while the second situation is connected with the technical settings of the Wi-Fi connection.
In both cases the same message is shown continuously “Sign in to iCloud Account” and this can be really frustrating because the message will not go away even after you sign in to your iCloud account. However you should not worry too much because this issue can be quickly resolved.
ICLOUD SIGN IN POPUP LOOP – METHOD 1
This method is for those users who have updated to iOS 8 or iOS 9 and are constantly getting the message “Sign in to iCloud account”. To resolve this problem just follow these instructions:
- Step1: On your browser search for applied.apple.com and login to your account with your Apple ID. Once you are logged in go to the section “Manage your Apple ID” (remember not to use the same Apple ID which you have been using to remove the iCloud Bypass loop message)
- Step 2: Press on “Edit” which is right next to the “Apple ID and Primary Email Address”
- Step 3: From this point forward you can use the Apple ID which you have chosen for your iCloud account. (Remember that even if you do not use this email address any longer, you must use it now in order to solve the popup loop issue on your device)
- Step 4: Once you have finished changing the Apple ID, Reset your device
- Step 5: Turn on your device again and you will notice that iCloud asks you to login with your credentials. Use your current Apple ID to do so.
- Step 6: In order to remove the continuous password loop message problem you will need to delete your iCloud account from your device. (Note that you should save all of your device data before you completely delete the iCloud account. Once you save any data you need do the step 1 once again).
- Step 7: You can login to iCloud with any Apple ID you want to use. Once you have successfully logged in just make sure that you confirm the changes made.
If you have followed the instructions as described I am sure you will have no problems with the popup loop message any longer.
ICLOUD SIGN IN POPUP LOOP – METHOD 2:
In some cases the popup loop message “Sign in iCloud Account” occurs when there are some technical problems with the Wi-Fi. Here are a few tips on how to solve this problem:
- Option 1: Try to Hard Reset and Wi-Fi settings
It is known for a long time that the iOS has some compatibility issues and it has frequent problems with the Wi-Fi. Some of the reports have shown that the never-ending popup loop “Sign in to iCloud account” occurs because of the WI-FI compatibility problems. In order to resolve this you might wanna try to hard reset your device. (To hard reset your device just hold together the power and the home button for a few seconds until you notice that the screen goes black and the Apple logo appears)
After you turn on your device again, it may take a bit longer to initialize and will prompt you to login to iCloud. But before you do this you should try to reset your Wi-Fi and to reenter you password. You can find the WI-Fi option under Settings section on your device.
- Option 2: Try to Backup via iTunes
In case you were unable to remove the popup loop with the first option you can try to backup via iTunes
- Step 1: Connect your iPhone to your PC or Mac using USB cable
- Step 2: Start iTunes
- Step 3: Choose the model of your device from the side bar.
- Step 4: Press on Back up Now (in case the popup message is shown again just ignore it)
- Step 5: Once the backup begins the popup loop message will no longer appear and you can safely join a Wi-Fi network
- Step 6: After the backup is finished, eject your device from your computer and sing in to your iCloud account. In case the popup loop message is still shown just enter your account credentials and do not worry because the issue should be resolved now.
- Option 3: Try to restore your device as new
If the previous instructions did not help you remove the never ending popup loop message then you will have to completely restore your iPhone. Even though this may seem as a drastic measure still in this case it is the only method that can solve the problem.
To restore your device as new just reset your device and follow the instructions about how to join a Wi-Fi network and after that just enter your iCloud account details. After that the problem with the loop message should be completely resolved.
In case you know about a different effective method to solve the “Sign in to iCloud account” continuous message problem, feel free to let us know in the comment section bellow.