If you are a Galaxy S4 user, you might have already updated your device to latest Kitkat 4.4.2 firmware. So, are you waiting for Android 4.4.4 Kitkat? But, Samsung may take some time to release it for Galaxy S4 as it is busy in providing 4.4.2 kitkat for few other devices. Meanwhile, try out the custom Android 4.4.4 Kitkat firmware for your Galaxy S4. Yes, you can now install Android 4.4.4 Kitkat on Samsung Galaxy S4 I9500. The Aokp developers has formulated AOKP Android 4.4.4 Kitkat ROM for Galaxy S4.
The AOKP Rom is built based on stock Android firmware. As the ROM includes the features of stock firmware, you need not doubt of the firmware performance. It would be good for a normal user.
So, if you are ready to install Android 4.4.4 Kiktat on Samsung Galaxy S4 I9500, go through the list of prerequisites provided below to safeguard your personal data and phone’s operating system. In the continuation of the article we will teach you the complete tutorial of installation.
Check Model And Firmware
Check your phone’s model number which should be Samsung Galaxy S4 I9500. You can check it by heading over to Settings>>About Device. Do not attempt this tutorial on any other model.
Samsung USB Drivers
To install Custom ROM’s on your device, it is to be connected to a PC. For the PC to detect your phone, you should install Samsung USB drivers. If you have already installed them, ignore this message. Else, go through the below link to download Samsung USB Drivers.
Backup Important Data
Good to see you that you are done with installation of USB drivers. We know, it is mandatory to backup important data on phone before we root/install ROMs. It may be an official or unofficial update, if anything goes wrong while installation, it wipes the entire data. So, backup is recommended while updating an Android phone. If you are not sure about what to backup and how to backup? take a look below:
- Backup Apps
- Backup SMS Messages
- Backup Contacts, Mail data, Google Data, Wanna know how?, Just sync them with Google Sync.
- Backup Call Logs
- Backup phone settings like Access Points, GPRS Settings, Connectivity Settings. Wanna know how? Note them on a paper or something.
Few More Prerequisites
- You have already installed USB drivers on your computer. Even though if your phone fails to detect the PC, make sure that whether you have enabled USB debugging on your Android phone. The path to enable it varies for different versions of Android operating systems like Jelly Bean, Ice Cream Sandwich, Gingerbread.
- Double check your device model before you get started with the installation. If you install non compatible ROM on your phone, it may brick the operating system. So, make sure that your phone model matches with the model we mention in the article. If your device is restricted to a network, make sure that your phone’s bootloader is unlocked. If bootloader is locked you cannot root or install custom firmware on Galaxy S4 I9500. Do not attempt this tutorial on locked devices. It may brick the operating system.
- Make sure the phone’s battery is at least 75% full to ensure that it should not run out of battery while installing the ROM.
- Download all the required files listed in the downloads section and keep them in a folder to be handy for you.
If you have completed all the above steps, you can now continue with installation process which is a bit typical. Make sure that complete every step in an orderly manner.
Guide To Install Android 4.4.4 kitkat On Samsung Galaxy S4 I9500
Things To Remember:
Disclaimer: The Custom ROM’s, Firmware, Software, Applications, Mods and any other tools shared/mentioned in this article belongs to their respective developers. Neither our team nor the developers are responsible to any losses that occur to your device while installation. So, you are suggested to continue with the tutorial at your own risk. Think before you act.
Warning: Make sure that you double check the model name/number we mention in the article. Attempting to install the firmware on any other model may brick the OS.
Rooting Warning: Rooting voids the manufacturer’s warranty for the device. It may possibly brick the operating software of the device. So, make sure that you continue to the tutorial with your own decision.
To install custom ROM on Samsung Galaxy S4 I9505, it is to be rooted and custom recovery installed. You can do this by following the guide mentioned below:
After the completion of the rooting process, install ClockworkMod Recovery on the device and continue with the Kitkat 4.4.4 installation process.
Step 1: Download Aokp Android 4.4.4 ROM package and Google Apps from the downloads section to your PC.
Step 2: Connect your Galaxy S4 to PC via USB cable and transfer the Kitkat firmware package and Google Apps package into the SD card of the phone. Make sure that you copy it to the root folder of SD card.
Step 3: Now enter the recovery mode on the Galaxy S4 by following the below steps:
- Turn off the device and wait until the display goes off.
- Press and hold together Volume Up+Home+Power buttons.
Step 4: Once the phone enters the Recovery mode, it displays a list of installation and data wiping options. Among them choose wipe data/factory reset. You should use power button to choose and volume buttons to navigate in recovery mode.
Step 5: Perform a complete cache wipe on your Samsung Galaxy S4 by choosing wipe cache partition.
Step 6: Its time to enter the advanced options of ClockWorkMod recovery. Select the advanced options and choose wipe dalvik cache.
Step 7: Once you complete all the above steps successfully, you can continue with the installation. Choose +++++Go Back+++++ and select install zip from SD card.
Step 8: Now select choose zip from SD card and using volume buttons for navigation and power button to select, choose the previously copied Android 4.4.4 Kitkat installation package from SD card.
Step 9: Confirm the installation on the next screen and it starts flashing the firmware on your Galaxy S4.
Step 10: The process of installation takes some time. After the ROM installation completes, Follow the above last three steps to install Google apps package on the device. After installation completes, select +++++Go Back+++++ and reboot the device by selecting “reboot system now” from the recovery menu. The device takes sometime for the first time reboot.
That’s all! You’ve successfully installed AOKP’s Android 4.4.4 Kitkat firmware on Samsung Galaxy S4 I9500. To check whether the Android firmware is updated, go to Settings>>About Phone, there you can find the firmware version as Kitkat 4.4.4.
If you face any problems while you install Android 4.4.4 Kitkat on Samsung Galaxy S4 I9500, feel free to drop your words in the comments section. We will be glad to help you.