Creating a business blog can sometimes be seen as a daunting task for many, but it can be simple and easy when you know how to get it done.
If you’re an entrepreneur or a business owner that want to stand out from the crowd and build credibility, it is highly recommended that you create a business blog for yourself to promote your products and services, and provide value to your prospects.
Blogging is considered an extremely beneficial way of building relationships with people while promoting your business, therefore having your own blog can be advantageous.
Creating a WordPress Business Blog
If you’re looking to create your business blog, but don’t know how to start, or feeling a bit frustrated, you could consider getting a ready-made blog, one that is already done for you and optimized to wet your feet.
You may just need to make minor changes, such as adding your name, a picture and your bio and you’re ready to start making your posts. Otherwise, you can take on the tasks in creating one yourself or have someone create one for you.
This article, will provide you with some great tips to help you create a simple WordPress business blog. WordPress is a blogging platform widely used by many entrepreneurs. I find it to be user friendly and easy to install.
Choosing a Domain Name
- A key point is to know your brand so that you can build your business blog around your brand. Be creative.
- Next, choose your domain name. Make it simple, short and easy to remember. Use relevant keywords in your domain name, brandable to your business.
- It is recommended that you avoid hyphens and numbers in your domain names, if at all possible.
- In choosing your domain extension, dot com (.com) is most popular and is recognizable worldwide, so keep this as a food for thought.
- You can purchase your domain from GoDaddy or any other services to which you can purchase domains. I can personally recommend GoDaddy. The support is great. Always search for coupons. Some coupons allow you to purchase domains fairly reasonable – for example, from time to time, I find coupons for .com domains at $4.95 which includes private registration.
Finding a Hosting Company for Your Business Blog
- After getting your domain, the next thing you’ll want to do is to sign up with a hosting company to host your blog. There are several hosting companies on the marketing. Do your due diligence to ensure that the hosting company is good at customer service and will provide you with help when needed. I like HostGator because I always get great service and support is available 24/7.
Installing Your Business Blog
After signing up with a hosting company, you can then install your WordPress blog.
Installing your WordPress business blog can be simple and easy. If you’re limited on budget or just want to test and feel the look of your blog, you can start with a free WordPress Theme. There are many great ones. You may also go with a premium theme at a cost. You can then add plugins and widgets.
Plugins that you can add to Your Business Blog
Plugins add functionality to your business blog site. Here are some recommended plugins. This is not an exhaustive list, but plugins that you should consider:
- All in One SEO Pack
- Google XML Sitemaps
- Affiliate Link Cloaking
- Google Analytics
- Contact Form
- Social Bookmarks
- Yet Another Related Posts
- WP Super Cache
- Smart YouTube
- Pretty Link Lite
Note: Not all plugins work well with every theme. If you realize that a plugin is not working well with your theme, you should make changes accordingly – change your theme or find other suitable plugins. Once you have your business blog configured properly, you can now easily manage it and submit your posts.
When you have your business blog set up and optimized, it is important that you next learn how to market and drive traffic to your site.
Don’t have time to create a blog? Click business blog to get started with a ready-made blog, while you learn how to create your own blog.