Are you struggling to get traffic to your business website or are you simply looking for new ways to draw in more visitors than what you currently have? Either way, using SEO in your YouTube marketing strategy can help. When you combine this very popular video sharing site with great search engine optimization, it can draw large amounts of traffic to your company’s site.
Including videos in your marketing strategy is just plain smart. Imagine the number of potential consumers you can connect with using a video that you wouldn’t otherwise be able to reach.
It’s no secret that many people enjoy watching a well presented video but did you know that there are a lot of people who prefer watching videos to reading text. These are the consumers that won’t visit your website or read your blogs and with SEO videos, you can still reach them.
This greatly increases your brand exposure especially when you have a video that goes viral. However, before your video will get this kind of attention, people need to know about it. With the millions of videos already on YouTube and more being added every day, you need a way to get yours noticed and that is where using SEO in your YouTube marketing makes a difference.
How SEO Helps Get Your Video Noticed
SEO helps to get your videos noticed in the same way that it does regular content. It makes it easier for people to find you. When someone is searching for videos on a specific subject, they use the search engine to help them find it by typing in certain words that pertain to the subject of interest. When you use good SEO keywords to market your YouTube videos, the search engine will find you when those keywords are searched.
Tips for Using SEO in YouTube Marketing
To help you get the most from your marketing strategies and create brand awareness you need to use SEO keywords correctly. It’s a little more to it than just picking a word or phrase and adding it to your video.
Here are a few tips to help get your SEO video noticed:
- Do your research and find out which keywords are being searched the most that pertain to the content contained in your videos.
- Use your main keyword in the title of the video. It helps to identify what your film is about and it helps the search engines find it. Just like with any other type of content you use, it’s vital that you use keywords that are relevant to the content found in the video.
- Create a video description explaining what your film is all about and use keywords linked to your video in the description.
- Take advantage of the Closed Captions button. When you post videos on YouTube, anyone can view them from anywhere around the globe as long as they have an Internet connection. With the improvements that YouTube has made by introducing “speech recognition technology”, using the CC button is much easier than it used to be. When you upload the script, this technology automatically picks up the beginning and end of each line and the captions will appear in sync with your words.
- You can enhance your video in search engine optimization and move it up in rankings by encouraging viewers to rate your video. How your film, just like content, is rated by viewers will help search engines determine how useful the information is and those with higher ratings automatically get better search results.
Using SEO in YouTube marketing can help your video get more hits and it can even help it go viral. Having a popular video on YouTube will send more traffic to your website that has a real interest in your products, which means that it also has the potential to increase your brand recognition and revenue considerably.
If you want to give an added boost to your video marketing campaign, you can buy YouTube views to get your video some early playtime. Then you will see your views and your YouTube likes continue to grow.
Do you have some tips of your own for using SEO in your YouTube marketing and building more views?