Micromax and HTC both have become famous in the recent times. Where Micromax is a company of Indian origin, HTC is a company of Taiwan. The reason why Micromax has won the hearts of many is because it lets you enjoy the great features of an android Smartphone in much reduced price. The prices of HTC phones are generally quite high but with the launching of the desire range, it has make sure that common people can also afford the HTC Smartphone. The HTC desire 816G has become very popular. Micromax Canvas is another hot trending range and the new addition to the series A300 Canvas Gold has grabbed quite a lot of attention.
If you are getting confused which product to go for, then this comparison between the two will help you in deciding better.
- Availability The Canvas gold from Micromax was announced in the 6th month of the year 2014 whereas the HTC desire made the entry into the market just a month before. It is available with all the dealers of the company in various colors. The options are wider with gold, white with gold and black with gold with the Canvas. The desire 816G only comes in two classic color variant- white and black.
- Battery- Both the phones in comparison have non removable battery which accounts it for a one time use. The power of the batteries differs slightly. It is 2600 mAh for the HTC series of desire 816G and 2300 for the Canvas gold A300.
- OS Micromax as well as HTC has android OS in their Smartphone and both the desire and canvas comes with the kitkat i.e. 4.2 Android OS. There is a difference in the processor. The desire uses the quad core processor clocked at 1.3 GHz but the Canvas gold comes with Octa Core 2.0 GHz processor.
- Storage Micromax Canvas Gold A300 wins the round for storage. Not only does it have greater space for RAM but also 4 times the internal capacity of the device. While the RAM is 2 GB for the Canvas, desire only provides 1 GB of it. Though the internal capacity is much more in Canvas gold with 32 GB, there is not provision for extending it. Desire 816G allows you to extend your storage up to 32 GB after the internal space of 8 GB
- Display- Both the Canvas gold and the desire 816G have 5.5 inches of touch screen display screen. The touch screen is capacitive with IPS LCD in canvas and super LCD2 in the desire. The colors are 16M. The pictures are sharper in Micromax canvas gold as the pixel per inch or ppi is 401 whereas the desire 816G has only 267 ppi. Moreover the resolution of the pixels are also higher in case of Micromax canvas
- Camera- Everyone wants to take clicks with their phones nowadays whether it is a plain meeting with an old buddy or New Year day. Hence a good camera to still all the precious moments is important. The Canvas Gold comes with a rear camera of 16 MP with 4640 * 3480 pixels. The other competitor, HTC series of desire 816G, has 13 MP rear cameras with 4160 * 3120 pixels. Both of the cameras have been facilitated with an LED flash.
Auto focus, Geo tagging, HDR, touch focus are some of the common features of both the phones. Secondary camera with 5 MP has been provided in both the models. In Desire 816G there is BSI sensor in the front facing camera also along with video recording at 1080 p.