Wikipedia is one of the biggest sources of knowledge online. If you want to know about any place, country, celebrity etc. in full details then you can check out Wikipedia because you already probably know know you will not get disappointed from a lack of information there. Wikipedia is generally a big library where you can grab lots of valuable information. So today, I am going to share some of the best hacks of Wikipedia which will help you to make most of this website.
You may be a great admirer of Wikipedia but I am also pretty sure the hacks which I am going to share here are unknown to you.
#1 Create an eBook or PDF from Wikipedia Articles
Yes, this is one of the best things which you can do from Wikipedia. Generally if you want any page for reference then you may bookmark or take out print of it but have you ever thought about using it to create a PDF or ebook? You can do it by following steps. No need to download any special software or plugin for this either:
- Go to Wikipedia.org and search your favorite page.
- On left hand side you can find Print/export which is sub categorized in Create a book, Download as PDF and Printable version.
- First learn how to use the Start book creator or Create a a book feature, other options are simple and you have to just follow the links.
- You will redirect to the next page where you have to click on Add this page to your book, which you can find on the start of the page.
- Now click on Show book which is just along with the above mentioned option.
- On next page you will reach Manage your book section where you can set your preferences like title, subtitle, paper size etc. After this click on Download as PDF. Enjoy!!!!
#2 Clutter Free Reading
If you enjoy reading articles in Wikipedia on a daily basis then you should consider this tip. This tip will change your experience completely. As a reader it is very important for good reading experience to have a distraction free page and somehow Wikipedia doesn’t provide it all the time. Sometimes the articles are full of links as well as in the sidebar. Now here is a tip to help you to make most of Wikipedia.
- Open any page in Wikipedia.
- Add after en. and before .wikipedia. Here is an example:
Before – en.wikipedia.org/wiki/hello
- Press enter to see the difference.
#3 Increase your knowledge
You can search lots of topics on Wikipedia. But did you ever think that you could use this website to learn about current affairs or what is happening on a particular date etc. You can use this feature to increase your knowledge just by selecting a date. To do this follow these steps:
- Click here to go to Wikipedia.
- Enter the date or month in the search box and press enter; it will suggest an event like Google
- Next page will show up with results. Enjoy it.
Hope you found this helpful, if so then feel free to explore our site a little more for more helpful articles. If you are not able to perform the steps above then feel free to drop your problem in the comment box below.