Hello Dear aspirants! Today we are sharing 500 general awareness questions for competitive exams for various competitive exams like IBPS , SSC, Railways exams, SBI. These questions are asked in various exams so these are very important.
1. Why are the Fundamental Freedoms under Article 19 suspended during emergency?
2. Which acid is used in synthetic lemonade?
3. Economic Planning is a subject of which list?
4. What is the position of Indian Railways network in the world?
5. Who identified the name Sandrocottus as Chandragupta Maurya?
6. Central Arid Zone Research Institute is located in which state?
7. Which primate is nearest to modern man ?
8. What does the theory of Fundamental Rights imply?
9. Which is the correct sequence in terms of descending values of Albedo?
10.During the Mughal rule, by which name was the copper coin known?
11.At absolute zero temperature, what will be the kinetic energy of the molecules?
12.Where is the headquarters of Oil and National Gas Commission?
13.By which ministry is Economic survey published?
14.Which is the instrument that measures air pressure?
15.The Battle of Khandwa in 1527 was fought between which rulers?
16.Middle ear is not found in snake. Through part do they receive sound?
1. War or external aggression 2. Citric acid 3. Union List 4. Fourth 5. William Jones 6. Rajasthan 7. Gorilla 8. Limited government 9. Snow, forest, water 10. Dam 11. Zero 12. Dehmdun 13. Ministry of Finance 14. Barometer 15. Babur and Rana Sanga 16. Skin
1. The World Consumer Day is being observed on which date?
2. Which is the 193rd member of UNO?
3. Through which are the characters are transferred from parents to progeny?
4. Gangotri, Yamunotri, Kedamath, Badrinath and Mussorie lies in which state?
5. What was the name of the learned lady who is said to have debated with the famous law-giver Yajnavalkya?
6. From which fund are the salaries of the Judges of the Supreme Court drawn?
7. With rise of boiling point of a water, what will be the latent heat of steam?
8. On which do Companies pay Corporation Tax?
9. What is the word used to describe the shape of earth?
10.One the banks of which. river were Alexander and Porus involved in a grim battle?
11.Where is the headquarters of UNHCR located?
12.Which branch of biology deal with the study of heredity?
13.From which of the country, Constitution of India has adopted fundamental duties?
14.What is the radius of the earth approximately?
15.Where did Alexander die?
16.If a proton of mass m is moving with velocity of light, how will its mass?
17.If we sprinkle common salt on an earthworm, why does it die?
18.By which is National income of India compiled?
19.Frontal rain is caused which activity?
20.Bronze coins of Nataraja cast during the Chola period invariably show the deity with how many hands?
I. 15th March 2. South Sudan 3. DNA 4. Uttrakhand 5. Gargi 6. Consolidated Fund 7. Decreases 8. Incomes 9. Oblatc spheroid 10. Jhelum 1 I. Geneva 12. Genetics 13. Erstwhile USSR 14.6400 km 15. Babylon 16. Unchanged 17. Due to osmotic shock 18. Central Statistical Organization 19. Cyclonic activity 20. Four hands
1. Which combination of foods providing protein quality nearest to that of meat?
2. What does the Constitution name our country?
3. A hydrogen atom is paramagnetic. What is a hydrogen molecule?
4. Which type of rainfall is often accompanied with lightning and thunder?
5. During which reign did the Vimana style in temple architecture come into vogue?
6. What is the period of revolution of a geostationary satellite?
7. United nations adopted a charter of Economic Rights in which year?
8. Which disease is inheritable?
9. What do the contact of two air masses differing sharply in humidity originate?
10. The most important feature in the economic measures pursued by Alauddin Khalji what was that?
11. On which day is the budget, in normal circumstances, presented to the Parliament?
12. Which of the toxic heavy metals is found in modern tannery industries?
13. When was the Rolling plan designed?
14. Compared to other slopes in the northern hemisphere which is the warmest?
15. Who introduced the famous Persian festival of Nauroj in India?
16. Which organization was established as the Bretton Woods Conference in 1944?
17. Why is tetracycline is used?
18. Which is the largest Committee of the Parliament?
19. On moving from a pole to the equator what we find in population of plants and animals?
20. Chand Bibi, who ceded Berar to Akbar, was the ruler of which kingdom?
: 1. Sprouted gram and groundnuts 2. India, that is Bharat 3. Diamagnetic 4. Convectional 5. Cholas 6. 24 hours 7. 1974 8. Colour blindness 9. Temperate cyclones 10. Market control 11. The last day of February 12. Chromium 13. 1978-83 14. South facing 15. Balban 16. IMF 17. As anti-plague drug 18. The Estimates Committee 19. Increase 20. Ahmednagar
I. The year 1995 is the golden Jubilee year of which international organizations?
2. As per latest data in urban areas women employment is highest in which industry areas?
3. By which doctor was the first successful heart transplant in India performed?
4. Petroleum is generally found in which rocks?
5. Who was regarded as ‘Zinda pir’?
6. In which State was the Panchayatl Raj first introduced?
7. Which contain high content of lead?
8. When is World Malaria Day, recognized by the WHO observed?
9. Which Rocks are formed by the solidification of lava on the earth’s surface?
10. When did the British Govt. start ruling India directly?
11. Chris Even’s name is associated with which sport?
12. Which Photosynthetic organelles are found in plant cells?
13. In which year was Panchayat Raj started in the country?
14. Which is the highest grade of coal whose surface is shining and has the highest calorific value?
15. Nadir Shah invaded India during which reign?
16. What is the approximate velocity of light per second?
17. On which do Companies pay Corporation Tax?
18. ‘Ashes’ is the term associated with which sport?
19. Where is Pakistan’s nuclear power plant located?
20. Who recaptured Delhi from the rebels for the British?
I. UNO 2. Retail Trade 3. Dr. Venugopal 4. Folded marine sedimentary rocks 5 Aurangzeb 6. Rajasthan 7. High octane fuel 8. April 25 9. Basalts. 10. After Sepoy Mutiny I I. Tennis 12. Chloroplast 13. 1959 14. Anthracite 15. Muhammad Shah 16.3 x 10′ m I7. Incomes 18. Football 19. Kahuta 20. John Nicholson
I. Besides water and light which is more essential as a raw material for photosynthesis?
2. Which can impose reasonable restrictions on the Fundamental Rights ofthe Indian citizens?
3. Denatured spirit is a mixture of ethyl alcohol, methyl alcohol and which other thing?
4. What is the administrative capital of South Africa?
5. During the 1857 Revolt who captured Gwalior from the Scindhia ?
6. Who was the first to receive the Nobel prize?
7. Which tax isnot levied by the Union Government?
8. During rainy seasons why do doors made up of wood swell up?
9. Arakan Von is the extension of the Himalayas located in which country?
10. In the history of the freedom movement of India, the year 1930 is associated with which event?
II. The Fundamental Right to Property has been deleted by the which Amendment Act?
12. Why are Clear nights cooler than cloudy nights?
13. Manav Seva Award has been instituted in the memory of which person?
14. Which is most prone to earthquakes?
15. Who was not the member of the Cabinet Mission which visited India in 1946?
16. Indian Army’s School ofArtillery is located at which place?
17. What is the growth movement in plant due to light called?
18. What is the maximum number of elected members in a State Assembly?
19. Of the floating iceberg in the sea, how much is the portion remaining above the sea level?
20. At which place is the famous Kailasha Temple located?
I. CO22. Parliament 3. Pyridine 4. Pretoria 5. Rani Lakshmibai 6. Rabindranath Tagore 7. Profession Tax 8. Due to imbibition 9. Myanmar 10. Dandi March 11. 44th 12. Because of radiation 13. Rajiv Gandhi 14. Young folded mountains 15. Lord Mountbatten 16. Deolali 17. Phototropism 18. 500 19.1/10th 20. Ellora
1. By which enzyme is Urea convened into ammonia and carbon dioxide?
2. Who sings on ten rupee notes?
3. At which city is Largest mint in India located?
4. Which state has the largest forest area to its total land area?
5. Which one of the Chola Kings conquered Ceylon?
6. Thyroid gland is activated by which harmonic for the secretion ofthyroxin?
7. To whom is a minister in a State individually responsible?
8. Which colour of heat radiation represents the highest temperature?
9. Which ilement is in the highest amount in the composition of basalt rock?
10. Nyder Ali was defeated at porto Novo by which British General?
II. In which year was the first telegraph line between Calcutta and Agra opened?
12. When was the decimal system ofcurrency introduced in India?
13. Which salt is found in bone in largest amount?
14. Which plain formed due to the weathering of lime stone?
15. Who issued Finnan granting Diwani of Bengal, Bihar and Orissa to the English?
16. In which article Right to education is a fundamental right?
17. Which fertilizer has more nitrogen content?
18. Which ofIndian bird has been included in the world conservation list?
19. Trees in tropical deciduous forest shed their leaves in which season?
20. Howmany hymns does the Rigveda consists?
I. Urcasc 2. Governor (Reserve Bank of India) 3. Kolkata 4. Mizoram 5. Rajendra 16. TSH 7. Governor 8. White 9. Silicon 10. Sir Eyrecoot 1I. 1853 12. 1957 13. Calcium phosphate 14. Karst plains 15. Shah Alam1116. Personal liberty under Article 21 17. Urea 18. Vulture 19. Dry season 20. 1028
I. Which Indian missile is capable of carrying nuclear weapons?
2. Which Scientists has established the ‘Phylum Annel ida”?
3. How is the censorship of the press judged?
4. Plants which lack true roots, stems and leaves are called by which name?
5. In Rigvedic society, which was unknown?
6. Why are Clear nights colder than cloudy nights?
7. What is the investment in public works?
8. Which was India’s first-ever tactical missile?
9. Which product is the export leading from India in the terms of value?
10. Which edicts mentions the personal name of Asholca ?
11. Human protein x -1- antiftysin is used for which disease?
12. To whom does the Public Accounts Committee submit its report?
13. Which does not wet the walls of the glass vessel in which it is kept?
14. Which industry does not earn foreign exchange for India?
15. To whom was the title ‘Devanam Priya’ given?
16. Where is the Central Food Technology Research Institute situated?
17. What does Net factor income from abroad added to GDP give?
18. Food wrapped in newspaper is likely to get contaminated with which disease?
19. Which is the planet its length of its day and the tilt of its axis are almost identical to those of the earth?
20. Where did the Pallava kings make ofrock-cut temples?
I. Prithvi 2. Lamark 3. By the test of reasonableness 4. Thallophytes 5. Child marriage 6. Because of Radiation 7. Capital expenditure 8. Agni 9. Gems and Jwellery 10. Maski 11. Emphysema 12. The Speaker of the Lok Sabha 13. Mercury 14. Fertilizers 15. Asholca 16. Mysore 17. GNP 18. Lead 19 Mars 20. Mahabalipuram.