Ready to boost your bed and breakfast social media marketing efforts with a blog?
Or can’t find enough ideas to keep your blog updated?
Here are 10 ideas for blog posts to boost your bed and breakfast’s web traffic and bookings.
1. “How to…” Teach your readers how to travel better. They’ll thank you for making their trips that much easier. Some examples of good how-to pieces include how to make a room feel like home, how to pack light for a weekend getaway and how to save money at bed and breakfast’s. The best part? These blog posts are evergreen and easily repurposed into newsletters, downloads and other marketing collateral.
2. Promotions. Whether you have discounted rates this week, romantic spa packages for a weekend escape or partnerships with local tours and attractions, use your blog to get the word out. These days, travelers are always looking for a deal. Plus, if travelers know your blog is the go-to resource for promos and discounts, they’ll be checking it more often. Better yet, they’ll have an incentive to sign up for email updates.
3. Airfare Deals. The two biggest expenses for any trip are typically the bed and breakfast and the flight. So, your readers will love you if you can save them money on a flight. Keep an eye out for airfare sales to your destination and let your readers know when they pop up. The cheaper the flight, the more likely they are to come visit you. Pair a killer airfare deal with a small room discount or promo package for a surefire increase in bookings.
4. Best Restaurants. Let’s face it–one of the best things about visiting a new destination is eating your way across town. So, why not help your guests do just that by highlighting the best restaurants in your area for their dinner mealtime? Both leisure and business travelers need to eat. All you need to do is show them where.
5. Best Attractions. While I’m sure your property’s rooms are absolutely fabulous, no thread count in the world is going to keep guests holed up in their room all day. Travelers are looking for the top experiences when they visit your city, from the authentic and local to the extravagant or adventurous. Spread good travel karma and point your guests to the best your city has to offer. When done right, this will help position your blog as a destination guide for your city and bring more traffic to your site.
6. Itineraries. A few potential itinerary themes include family-friendly, girls’ getaway, guys’ weekend and a romantic escape. And don’t forget to craft a few itineraries for what your town is known for. Palm Springs hotels could create an endless number of Old Hollywood-themed itineraries, while Denver bed and breakfast could capitalize on a food lover’s guide to the city.
7. Local Events. What’s going on in your town this weekend? Share it with your readers to give them trip ideas. You could even post a weekly round-up of weekend events to position your property as a guide to events in your city. This will keep both travelers and the Google beast happy with your blog.
8. Events. Marketing your property as a wedding venue? Trying to book more conventions? Then it’s a good idea to use your blog to take readers behind the scenes and show them what it means to hold an event at your property. After all, what do you think a bride is going to respond more to? Yet another wedding brochure? Or a series of blog posts showing actual weddings in your gardens, with real brides, real ceremonies and real stories? Use your blog to transport meeting planners and brides to your property. Show them your events so they can picture holding a meeting or wedding at your hotel. It’s your Information Kit 2.0.
9. Staff Interviews. Interview staff members like your meeting planners, front desk agents or servers for a blog post that takes your readers behind the scenes of your property. Staff members can share what their typical days are like, tips for guests and interesting facts that hotel guests might not know. Your staffers are also a great resource for sharing what to do and where to eat in your destination.
10. News. Your blog is a great place to share exciting news about your property and keep guests updated on what’s going on. Don’t forget to include your property’s blog on your press release distribution list–press releases make for perfect blog post material. You can also use your bed and breakfastblog to share industry news that your readers should know about.
Use this list to get the juices flowing for your blog and refer back to it when the creative juices start to dry up. If you think the hoteliers in your network would benefit from these blog post ideas, please feel free to share by clicking on a share button below.